1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went to Disneyland in California. Started a food blog after 5 years of blogging about my personal stuff.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Just flew to California and some think it’s another country! lol..
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? My kitchen painted.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My hubby’s knee surgery-It was the first time I drove his big truck. My trip to CA because I went alone and to Disneyland and met two very sweet ladies.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Learning how to make yeast breads and my own pasta!
9. What was your biggest failure? I can’t think of one. That’s not to say I am perfect but I don’t look at things as failures but teachable moments for myself to grown and learn new things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A pasta machine.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Too many to list, but my husband and children would make the list.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The Congress, the Senate, the President, etc….
14. Where did most of your money go? To food, I am sure. And to fix our car.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to CA and my daughter telling me she is expecting twins next year!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, thinner-lost 10 pounds, the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Pray and laugh
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry and cry
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family at home and eating great food.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? No but I am still in love with my wonderful hubby.
22. What was your favorite TV program? CSI’s all of them.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate.
24. What was the best book you read? Tough one, as I read a lot.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Drawing a blank here.
26. What did you want and get? A pasta machine
27. What did you want and not get? My kitchen painted.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Julie and Julia
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 43 and I went to Disneyland with some great friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Working on some difficult relationships.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Comfortable and in style.
32. What kept you sane? God and my husband.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care
35. Who did you miss? My dad.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Judy and Jeanette.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. I learned to accept myself, faults and all no matter what others think or say about me.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Can’t think of one, maybe I’ll update later.