Oh I knew just the sound of these meant they were going to be good. They are heavenly! I am usually not very good at baking as I tend to over bake things and they dry out. But these muffins came out perfect! I found the following recipe and doubled it. Not only did I get 12 big muffins, I also made a cake out of the rest of the batter. I am taking that to my ladies fellowship group tonight.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips-I used regular sized chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts- I omitted these
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini,
- chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins
- test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.