This is a vegetarian dish I was testing for my Meatless Meals class at Cool Beans Cafe. It turned out very good although I didn’t get my own picture of my finished dish due to the fact that I took it to a potluck dinner/meeting last night.
Photo credit: LaCucinaCatering
- 16 cooked and cooled lasagna noodles
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 64 ounces of marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling and salted water for 8-9 minutes, drain and cool.
- Warm marinara sauce.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, the Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add about 1/2 cup of sauce to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Lay out a few noodles on a flat surface. Spread 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture on each noodle, down the whole length.
- Roll up the noodle, keeping the filling inside. Lay the roll, seam side down in the pan. You can get 4 rolls across the 9 inch side.
- Keep filling and rolling until you have 4 rows of 4 rolls in your dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the rolls, add a few cups of sauce, then cover with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the noodles are soft and it’s all heated through.
- Serve with any extra marinara sauce on the side.